Monday, November 10, 2014

Spider-Man: The Invasion of the Dragon Men

sg

Track:

Invasion of the Dragon Men

Power Records issued a couple of their adventures in yet another format, a refitted book-and-record set that came with a 45 rpm record. I can't be sure just yet, but I believe they also used this cover when putting it out on cassette, which is why they changed "book and record" to "book and recording", which covers all bases.

The artwork looks like it was traced from Marvel comics/style guides--it's a little loose for the House of Ideas, but also tighter than the work of Bill Gow, who did the sleeves for a lot of Spider-Man 45" records.


2 comments:

Earth 2 Chris said...

This looks familiar...maybe one of my two copies had this cover. I have a 45, a cassette tape and a coverless comic now, so I'm not sure exactly which covers I had on this as a kid.

Chris

Rockwell J. Pugglesworth said...

I never had any of those down-sized re-issues when I was a kid and I don't think any now that I'm an old man. I *do* remember seeing one at retail in a K-Mart around 1982-ish and thinking the kid equivalent of "has it come to this?"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...