Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Comics Scene #4


Power Pal Rockwell J. Pugglesworth found this interesting curio in an old (are there any other kind?) issue of Comics Scene. Apparently Peter Pan was gearing up to release a whole slew of new(?) Conan the Barbarian records in conjunction with the 1980 movie.

This brief mention seems to suggest they would be all new, but my bet is they were planning to do what they did for Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Namely, simply reissue the old ones with movie-centric covers--but you never know! I wonder what happened?

Nice catch Rockwell!


3 comments:

Christopher Mills said...

I'm guessing that what happened was that the Conan film got an R rating.

Earth 2 Chris said...

I didn't stop Remco from doing Conan figures, oddly enough, although I believe they only did the standard MOTU scale figures, with squat bodies.


Chris

Rockwell J. Pugglesworth said...

I don't think the rating of the Conan movie had anything to do with it since there was a Peter Pan Records adaptation of the movie, which Rob just covered on the blog not too long ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...